What do you want to see? Do you have a specific topic of interest? Are there certain activities that you have heard about that you long to do? What type or types of housing do you want? What pace do you want to keep on your trip?These are the foundational questions to our Tour Philosophy. Sojourn believes travel should be both adventurous and relaxing. Why spend all the money to be run around on someone elses agenda. Sojourn's goal is to spend the time up front in discussion with you deciding not only WHERE but also what, when, why, and how you want to travel.As travellers ourselves we know that some of the most memorable times are serendipitous, unplanned things that happen - and they happen a lot here in Turkey - a perfect sunset seen through an ancient aquaduct, a friendly mother and child striking up a conversation, or an random stop for tea in a village. We plan enough time to enjoy these moments, rather than cutting them off to hurry to another site or hotel.
We have observed that many people get rocked out or "stoned" -by visiting classical/Roman/Biblical sites hour after hour day after day, so we plan for breaks that allow you to interact with people, cultural topics, or just rest. Perhaps a day at the beach, a hike in the mountains, or a visit to a thermal spa for a mud bath, swim or Hamam.
Each tour whether wholly tailor made or a group tour mixes the following elements to ensure you trip is both relaxing and adventuresome. To Customize a Tour Now, click here.
- Classical Sites
- Blue Cruises
- Biblical Tours
- Culinary Tours
- Fine Arts of Turkey
- Turkish Carpets, Rugs and Kilims
- Ottoman Turkish Delights
- Traditional Anatolia Village Life
- Greek or Hittite History
- Paul's Journey
- Old Testament History
- Retreat / Sabbatical
- Outdoor adventure
- Language acquistion / exposure / interaction
- 5 Star Luxury Hotels
- 3-4 Stars Hotels
- 1-2 Star Basic Pansiyons
- Beach front resorts
- Mountain getaways
- City hotels
- Village / Farm housing
- Fast - See all the sites in the shortest time, On the bus off the bus! 300 years of history in 30 minutes or less. Site time is subordinated to seeing more sites and more travel.
- Medium – Site time allows a more in-depth but we are still on a schedule. 4-5 sites or 25 activties per day.
- Slow – The trip pace that we live at in Turkey! 1 or 2 activities per day with plenty of time to explore
- Hot Air Balloon in Cappadocia
- Yacht along the Mediterranean coastline
- A Boat Tour on the Bosphorous straits in Istanbul
- Visit to a rug weaving village
- Scavenger hunt Modern Turkish city
- Hiking along ancient paths
- Learn to cook Turkish Cuisine
- Learn Turkish pottery making techniques
- Learn Turkish ebru art
- Sojourn in a Village home stays
- Dinner at Mustafa's House
- 7 Church's of Revelation – 4 days and 5 nights in southwest Turkey focusing on the 7 Biblical sites.
- Paul's Epistles and Roman Asia - 5 day and 4 nights in central southwest Turkey focused on Ephesus, Asia, Colosse and Galatia (Ankara)
- Pammukkale and Thermal Spa - 3 days and 2 nights covering Ancient Hierapolis, and Aphrodisias while staying at a unique thermal resort
- Ancient Lycian Treats – 4 days 3 nights along the soutwest coast of ancient Lycia.
- Pisidian Beauties - 3 days 2 nights including hiking, lake visit and Pisidian Antioch
- Iconium and Sufi Worship. - 1 day visit to the very significant modern city of Konya
- Cappadocia and Ancient Rock Churches - 4 days and 3 nights covering the rock churches, pottery, wineries, hiking, Greek architecture and cave hotel.
- Ancient Modern Treats – Istanbul 2 days and 2 nights focused on Istanbul's highlights. Each of these trips can include culture experiences based on the destination.